Visualization is integral to the data journey. It inspires, provides knowledge and understanding that can change our behavior.
The yearly Swiss Viz Awards, as part of the SDS conference, honors salient work in this field. It brings together professionals and students who are passionate about data and its visual representation.
We invite you to showcase your skills in creating informative and engaging data visualizations using various tools and techniques.
Works, published in 2022 and created in Switzerland, from the following four categories may be submitted:
- Business dashboards
- Data stories, including multiple story aspects (press, museums, annual reports, etc.)
- Visualizations / Charts (stand alone work)
- Academic visualizations (e.g. poster boards)
The form can be printed/static, animated (short films), interactive, on- or offline. The competition is open to both individual and team entries. We look for excellent works that inspire, impart knowledge and change behavior.
The winners will be announced during the SDS’ 10th anniversary Celebration Party on June 22, 2023, at the JED in Schlieren. The winner of each category will receive an award and will be featured in multiple data innovation alliance and SDS communication channels such as on the Website, LinkedIn, and post-event mailings.
Submissions should be in pdf format and have a maximum length of 2 pages and contain all of the following elements:
- category (drop-down menu to choose from, see 4 categories above)
- goal of the visualization
- purpose of use of the visualization
- date of publication of the visualization
- consumers of the visualization
- pdf, link to the website or blog to the visualization
May 12, 2023: Extended submission deadline– CALL CLOSED
- June 22, 2023: Award ceremony at SDS2023
- Annabelle Rincon, Head of Tableau Center of Enablement, Vontobel
- Beatriz Malveiro, Visualization Designer, Interactive Things
- Charlotte Cabane, Managing Consultant, D ONE and Data Viz lecturer, University of Lucerne
- Florin Hasler, Director, Opendata.ch
- Jonas Oesch, Visualization Designer, NZZ
- Marina Bräm, Information Design for Knowledge Communication & Visual Storytelling
- Sebastian Baumhauer, Managing Consultant, D ONE and lecturer for Business Data Visualization (Chief of Competition)
The jury is being mentored by Christian Erni, Head of Data Experience and Member of the Management Board, D ONE.